Saturday, October 27, 2007

Grammar Girl 49

run-on sentences
I really liked her explanation and examples of run-on sentences. I have heard the term before, but until I seen the example of it, it didn’t make sense. In the writings I have recently done, I did not see any run-on sentence errors. I liked the way she explained times that it could be appropriate to also use semi colons and commas to set the tone of the sentence. She made it sound like that there was no right or wrong way to fix a run-on sentence, it just depends on how you want the sentence to be read. I think you can pick up on run-on sentence errors when you proofread your paper out loud, when you read the sentences, they just sound funny when they are a run-on. I have also heard the word fused sentence and did not realize that it was the same as a run-on sentence until I listened to Grammar Girl.

No comments: