Sunday, October 7, 2007

Making a Visual Argument (822)

(Question 4)
I think the target audience for the “I am my anti-drug” campaign is college students and young adults making a good name for them. I think they are directing this advertisement to all races, regardless of sex.

I think they are putting the message out to catch the young adult’s attention. Maybe they are saying that even though you are young and successful, you are not invisible. The opportunity for drug use is readily available, and you need to be your own anti-drug.

Looking at the three “I am my anti-drug” advertisements I think the one that comes across to me is the one called “labeled”, my first impression was a gang member, drug user and pusher. But, as I read the description below I realized that he has a family and that he is athletic. Is amazing how a just a picture can express things differently to people, but add a few words and your whole prospective changes.

I think the advertisements are great, it makes you realize that drugs are a issue for all minorities and sex. It is not just certain races that have a drug problem.

No comments: