Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Grammar Girl- Comma Splice

The first thing I learned was what a comma splice was. I went through a couple papers that I had written, but I did not see where I had any comma splices that I needed to correct. When I proofread my paper out loud, if I had a comma splice, I pick it out. The sentence sounds funny when there is a comma splice. Not only did learn about comma splice, I understand what coordinating conjunctions do, and it made it more clear with her explanation verses reading about it in a book. I also learned a little more about when to use a semi colon and a period versus a comma. Seeing her examples in writing and Grammar Girl reading the sentences allowed made me understand what comma splices were and how to correct them. I like audio and visual when I am learning something new.

No comments: